Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My mom said we would have a party when I got my period...we didn't


I went into the lab today. No one was there and I haven't yet scheduled some time to work on the floureso-scope. So I left  with the intention of dropping off an application at a discount bin clothing store, but then I shifted gears and came home. After arriving, I super glued a hand punched leather purse back together and fried up some neglected refrigerator eggplant even though I don't feel frying things is necessarily in anyones best interest.
While frying the eggplant, I thought about how girls are starting the descent into womanhood younger and younger. I read an account of a six year old getting her period. That's too bad. It's important to hold onto your naivete for as long as possible. If you can. At least it feels that way. It also feels like a bad idea to drink anything that's been steeped in hormones.

Breast Cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment